Author: Haydar, Adnan
Format: Student Edition
Release Date: 01-12-2014
Details: Product Description Haki bil-Libnani provides students of Arabic with an opportunity to acquire substantial and systematic proficiency in Lebanese dialect and culture, and is designed to work either on its own or alongside the bestselling Arabic-language textbook Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition. This fully online textbook and interactive website features two video story components, designed to foster proficiency as students work through each lesson while practicing vocabulary, cultural expressions, and short dialogues. The first story recreates the stories of Maha and Khaled Abulila from Al-Kitaab, recast in a Lebanese context starring Yara and Jamil Haddad, who speak the Lebanese dialect and reference Lebanese institutions, places, and customs. A second storyline consists of an original series of short dialogue scenes involving three main characters: Jamal, Raghida, and John Douglas. Jamal and Raghida serve as cultural liaisons who help the Lebanese-American John navigate daily life in Lebanonbuying groceries, taking cabs, and doing Arabic homeworkwhile Johns linguistic and cultural struggles will resonate with many students. The integration of speaking, listening, grammar, and cultural competency skills in Haki bil-Libnani: Lebanese Arabic Online Textbook and Companion Website to Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition, will facilitate the teaching and learning of Lebanese Arabic, while introducing students to Lebanons vibrant and charming culture. All Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) drills and exercises from the Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition, website are included here, so that students using Haki bil-Libnani alongside the Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition, textbook will only need to purchase access to the Haki bil-Libnani companion website. Haki bil-Libnani will also be useful to individual learners with some proficiency in Arabic, who desire to learn Lebanese. Companion Website Minimum System Requirements:Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or Mac OS XCPU: 233MHzRAM: 128MBScreen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higherBrowser: PC: Internet Explorer 7.x or higher, or Firefox version 3.x or higher, or Google Chrome. Mac: Firefox version 3.x or higher, or Safari 3.x or higher, or Google Chrome.Network Connection: A high-speed connection with throughput of 256 Kbps or more is recommended to use audio and video components.Equipment: You will need speakers or a headset to listen to audio and video components, and a microphone is necessary for recording activities. For best performance, we recommend you use a USB microphone for partner recording activities.Plug-ins: You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player About the Author Adnan Haydar is professor of Arabic and Comparative Literature in the Department of World Languages and Literatures at the University of Arkansas. He has directed summer institutes in Lebanon for intensive Arabic 1997-2010.Paula Haydar is Instructor of Arabic Language in the Department of World Languages and Literatures at the University of Arkansas. She also has taught Arabic language courses at the Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon.Nadine Sinno is Assistant Professor of Arabic in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Virginia Tech.
Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.0 inches
Languages: Arabic, English
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.