Author: Brustad, Kristen
- Georgetown University Press
Number Of Pages: 384
Release Date: 26-07-2011
Part Number: 32821963
Details: Review "There is much to like here." ― Al-'Arabiyya, Volume 48"A practical textbook well suited for Arabic teaching and learning." ― MELA Notepad Product Description Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition is the second book in the bestselling Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program. Part One uses an integrated approach to develop skills in formal and colloquial Arabic, including reading, listening, speaking, writing, and cultural knowledge. This comprehensive program is designed for students in the early stages of learning Arabic. NEW: Audio and video content needed to complete the homework exercises is available to stream online for free on AlKitaabTextbook.com. (DVDs that once featured the audio and video are now obsolete and no longer included in the books.) Homework exercises are printed in the textbooks. Answer Keys are available for purchase. Access to the Smart Sparrow Companion website is available free of charge until 12/31/20. Instructors may request complimentary Teacher's Edition exam or desk copies. From the Publisher Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019.Mahmoud Al-Batal is a professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut.Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar. From the Inside Flap FEATURES • Three varieties of Arabic — Egyptian, Levantine, and formal Arabic — presented using color-coded words and phrases • Over 400 vocabulary words in three forms of Arabic, side by side • Grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences • Authentic texts that develop reading comprehension skills • Video dialogues and stories from everyday life in Egyptian, formal Arabic, and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts, available on AlKitaabTextbook.com • Presents the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine • Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index About the Author Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019.Mahmoud Al-Batal is a professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut.Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
Package Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches
Languages: Arabic, English
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.