Nun and the Pen نون والقلم
This book’s curriculum is derived from a study of language structure. It illustrates that language is a single structure system, and that separating it into branches is impossible. Thus, separating linguistic skills from their main structure and concentrating on specific skills is not the most effective method for teaching language. Although this book reinforces listening and conversation skills, it also illustrates the relationship between listening and conversation in terms of grammar, structure, and multiple attributes that the Arabic language system is based on.
Additionally, "Function and Context" connections are made apparent by selecting vital contexts the student is exposed to during the initial phrase of learning Arabic, such as: taking the bus to commute from home to the university, shopping, and eating. The concept of "context" can be demonstrated in ways such as using proper words for the proper concept in greetings, and constant idioms that people use in their dialogue. Examples are: "Sabah al-khair” (good morning), “Assalamu alaikum” (peace be upon you), etc. This concept supports using synonyms, translating Arabic into Arabic, to prevent the speaker from using “a middle language” while learning.
The author utilized the concept of separating linguistic sentences to make it easier for the student, and thus, save time and energy. This book does not only concentrate on language itself, but touches on cultural attributes the language possesses, such as Middle Eastern food. Furthermore, this book and the entire series have the characteristics of using “diacritical marks" to learn these marks and improve student language skills. Finally, this is an excellent tool for self-learning, as it uses exciting learning measures in a systematic approach.
The CD covers the same content of the book which uses short and simple lessons and dialogues in the Arabic language. It covers all the basics, with plenty of repetition and practice; it utilizes the book’s same texts, images and colors. The interactive application included is a useful and interesting self-study tool.
- Works on all windows versions which are Arabic-enabled; but best for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7.
- The Audio files (it’s MP3 path) can be played via RealPlayer and Windows Media Player
After inserting the CD, the application displaying book lessons can be started directly from the CD by clicking on “1.00arabic” The second option is to install this application through the setup icon and follow the instructions during setup.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
- Item must be purchased by the customer
- You will be notified within 3 days if you earned points.
- This program is for retail customers only. Wholesalers and schools are not eligible for this program.
If you have a customer account, you can collect points by:
- Creating an account (5 points)
- Subscribing to our newsletter (10 points)
- Reviewing a purchased item (20 points per valuable review)
- Following us on Instagram (10 points)
- Sharing on social media (5 points)
- Liking our Facebook page (5 points)
- Placing an order (1 point for every $1 spent)
- Referral Program: where you can get 100 points (100 point = $10) for every referral that results in a sale.
Click here for more information about our rewards program
Click here to check your points Balance
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customers who bought this also bought
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.