As the story of a family of Palestinian immigrants unfolds, Arwa must find the right balance between two cultures and come to terms with her family's painful history. The events of this novel take place in Chicago, where the two main characters live. Grandma Laila is a professor at one of the universities in Chicago, and her granddaughter Arwa is getting ready to start her university studies. The two stories of Laila and Arwa unfold at the same time. Laila takes us back in time to her life with her family in Jaffa, Palestine and later to their refuge in Beirut and finally to the United States with her husband, where they study and work and get naturalized. Arwa is finding it hard to balance between her Lebanese/Palestinian culture and the American culture she was born and brought up in. She is on a mission to discover her roots and come to terms with the loss of her father during the Israeli invasion of Beirut before she was even born.
An old family photograph in Laila's sitting room taken in Jaffa plays an important role in the novel. It shows Laila as a little girl hugging her doll Sally. When Nada, the youngest grandchild, asks her grandmother to find her a similar looking doll, the search begins. It is not an easy task, and Laila asks Arwa to help her find a look-alike on eBay. While searching the site, to her complete amazement Arwa stumbles upon Sally, her Grandma's original doll. She decides to follow the trail of Sally and find out how she got all the way to Chicago from Jaffa.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
- Item must be purchased by the customer
- You will be notified within 3 days if you earned points.
- This program is for retail customers only. Wholesalers and schools are not eligible for this program.
If you have a customer account, you can collect points by:
- Creating an account (5 points)
- Subscribing to our newsletter (10 points)
- Reviewing a purchased item (20 points per valuable review)
- Following us on Instagram (10 points)
- Sharing on social media (5 points)
- Liking our Facebook page (5 points)
- Placing an order (1 point for every $1 spent)
- Referral Program: where you can get 100 points (100 point = $10) for every referral that results in a sale.
Click here for more information about our rewards program
Click here to check your points Balance
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.