We begin learning the seerah by reading about Prophet Muhammad (s) in the Qur'an. Then we turn to the most trusted hadeeth in Saheeh Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim, and other compilations of authentic hadeeth. Next we turn to the reports of Ibn Is-haq, Seerat Al-Nabawiyyah (The Prophet's Life) book by Ibn Hisham, and the book Tabaqaat-ul-Kubra by Ibn Sa'd. These are among the most authentic sources of seerah. Other authentic sources include the history books of Imams At-Tabari, Ibn Katheer, Ath-Thahabi, Ibn-ul-Atheer, and other historians. This book is committed to selecting the most authentic reports and narrations of the Prophet's (s) life story. It is needless to note that every biography of a great personality includes some unauthentic reports, and that of Prophet Muhammad (s) is no exception. However, the publisher has tried their utmost best to present to their learners the most authentic account of the seerah as taken from its best and most authentic sources. The purpose of studying Prophet Muhammad's (s) seerah is not simply to memorize certain dates or events, or to just sit back and enjoy the story.
Knowledge of the Seerah is very important in our lives for many reasons:
- Knowing the Prophet's (s) personality will increase our love and respect for him. It builds a better understanding of the Qur'an, because some verses were revealed for certain incidents. "Seerah in the Qur'an" sections in this book connect the reader with most of the Qur'anic verses that detail seerah events.
- It helps us imitate the Prophet's (s) life and learn to adopt his style of judgment. We can take him as a role model.
- Living Islam sections help the reader to pinpoint the Prophet of Islam's (s) guidance and way of life.
- We can learn the fiqh rules with examples from the Prophet's (s) seerah.
- We come to know some of the companions and their characteristics.
- We begin to understand some of the Arabic terms used in the religion.
- Vocabulary sections throughout the book help introduce the learner to important Islamic and historical terms.
- We learn some lessons from the Prophet's seerah to apply in our lives. "Lessons to Learn" section in every chapter of the books briefs the readers with important life lessons we can learn from the seerah.
- The Prophet's story gives us a practical way to make da'wa (inviting people to Islam).
- The Prophet's (s) life is an excellent example for Muslims of the practical Islamic way of life.
- His life conveys the spirit of the kind, merciful father and the wise, gentle da'i (the person that invites other people to Islam), who puts all his effort in preaching Islam.
- Indeed, the seerah introduces us to the most beloved and respected leader among his companions. It demonstrates the democracy in Islam, and represents the ideal Muslim society.
- Studying the seerah will expose us to all sides of humanity at its best, represented in the most complete and perfect picture.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.