While juxtaposing the Islamic position against this, the author addresses the Judeo-Christian worldview and how each has chosen to framework its encounter with God, to what extent this has been the result of actual scripture and to what extent the product of theological debate or church decrees of later centuries and absorption of Hellenistic philosophy. Shah also examines Islam’s heavily anti-anthropomorphic stance and Islamic theological discourse on tawheed as well as the ninety-nine names of God and what these have meant in relation to Muslim understanding of God and His attributes. Describing how these became the touchstone of Muslim discourse with Judaism and Christianity, he critiques theological statements and perspectives that came to dilute if not counter strict monotheism. As secularism debates whether God is dead, the issue of anthropomorphism has become of immense importance.
The quest for God, especially in this day and age, is partly one of intellectual longing. To Shah, anthropomorphic concepts and corporeal depictions of the Divine are perhaps among the leading factors of modern atheism. As such he ultimately draws the conclusion that the postmodern longing for God will not be quenched by premodern anthropomorphic and corporeal concepts of the Divine which have simply brought God down to this cosmos, with a precise historical function and a specified location, reducing the intellectual and spiritual force of what God is and represents, causing the soul to detract from a sense of the sacred and thereby belief in Him.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.