I Love Arabic (Pre-K – 6th Level) أحب العربية
Series goals and components
The goal of the I Love Arabic series is to enable the student’s verbal and written communication skills in Arabic. To achieve this goal, the series provides the student with educational materials that help them to use the classical language from the start, while also creating an opportunity to use what is learned in real-life situations.
While this series is directed at non-native speaking children between the ages of 4 and 12, it is also useful in teaching Arab children all over the world.
This series consists of 8 levels which contain a student textbook, workbook, and teacher book. Some levels also include audio tapes (sold separately).
Also in this series the book "I Love Arabic Teacher's Guide" is for using images and cards in teaching Arabic.
Particular times to teach the units
The series books are taught in about 600 classes (with the average class being 40 minutes).
Each level has 100 classes, distributed as follows:
For the first two books:
75 Classes for the student's book
25 Classes for the exercise workbook
From the third book to the sixth book
80 Classes for the student's book
20 Classes for the student's book
The series displays Arabic Islamic manners in an attractive, motivating style for children. It also supplies the student with different levels of general education appropriate to the age (especially the first book). The subjects discussed in this series are child-friendly and include topics such as hobbies and toys, life in school and at home, and relationships with friends, neighbors and relatives. It also studies the animal and plant worlds, the outside world like the village and the city, geographical information about the Arab countries, historical information, good manners and scientific facts.
The series displays the vocal system for the Arabic language in its different phenomena and presents vocabularies built around a child. The elementary stage of the series covers around 1,500 words, with the focus in the first two books being on the sensory vocabulary.
It also supplies the child with a number of basic grammar structures (about 300 compositions), and each lesson contains a specific number of vocabulary, structures and expressions. Additionally, the concept of progression is used from one book to another and from one lesson to another.
Integration between lingual skills
The series deals with the four main lingual skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing and uses a complete and balanced approach to all four skills. Special attention is given to speaking and listening in the first two books, and reading and writing are the focus in the third through the sixth books.
Ways of presenting the educational material
Various techniques were used throughout this series to make the lessons more interesting for the child. Stories, chants, songs, conversations, lingual games, and amusing homework assignments designed to provoke the student's motivation and needs utilizing child skills such as drawing, coloring and teamwork were used.
The series contains different kinds of lingual exercises that suit the child, with emphasis on mental and physical activities in an individual, couple, and group setting.
Each book of the series contains a number of tests for evaluating and measuring the student's progress in learning the language. A test is included at the end of each educational unit; therefore, each book has four transitory tests.
The curriculum depends heavily on the use of pictures so the student can easily comprehend the meaning, without turning to an intermediary language. Thus, they are given the opportunity to think and express themselves in a fun and interactive way.
The first two books contain a figured dictionary at the end. This dictionary includes the sensory words mentioned in the lessons so that their meanings remain in the student's memory, and they can reference, if necessary. The figured dictionary also prepares the student to use the Arabic dictionary in the future.
There is a list of vocabulary at the end of each of the six books. These lists contain all the words that were introduced in each book and are arranged alphabetically for easy referral.
- Teaches Arabic as a primary language
- Arabic only
- Uses vowelled letters (diactrical marks, or tashkeel)
- Textbooks focus: listening, writing, reading, and speaking
- Workbooks focus: exercises and games that support the textbook
- Evaluations follow every 5 lessons
- Exposes students to common terminology
- Illustrated dictionary plus vocabulary list
- Ideal for Western students; themes are heavily cultural, not necessarily Islamic.
- A comprehensive curriculum for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers in full-time Islamic and public schools
وتعرض مادة كتاب التلميذ الأول في خمس وحدات، يشتمل كل منها على خمس دروس تنتهي باختبار، وبذلك يتضمن الكتاب خمسة وعشرين درسًا وخمسة اختبارات مرحلية. ويتكون كل درس من دروس الكتاب من نص يمزج بين الحوار والقصة السردية المصورة وعرض مصور للمفردات، وتدريب على الأصوات والحروف، وتدريبين على التراكيب اللغوية والكلام وتدريب على الكتابة، يحال بعدها التلميذ إلى كتاب التدريبات ليؤدي التدريبات المكملة لكتاب التلميذ.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.