Author: Syed, Tayyaba
Edition: Soft Cover Version ed.
Number Of Pages: 50
Release Date: 05-04-2018
Details: Product Description Everyone in the village knows not to come near the cranky, old monkey Rico or his precious bananas. However, after some unwanted encounters, Rico learns a life-changing lesson. Find out how in this heart-warming tale of friendship, kindness and the power of prayer. Review "A sweet story that teaches children and their parents about the blessings of generosity and how giving is truly receiving. Muslim children will love seeing their culture represented through these characters, and author Tayyaba Syed reminds us all that kindness and generosity are qualities of a believer." - Anse Tamara Gray, Founder of Rabata, Scholar, Educator & Author"The lessons in this delightful book are numerous - the most outstanding being that the more we generously give from what we love, the more the Almighty blesses us and increases us in goodness..." - Shamira Chothia Ahmed; Scholar & Co-founder of The Rahmah Foundation"The Blessed Bananas is a colorful and lively book that draws in its readers, young and old, from its very fi rst page. The moral of the story is based on an old adage infused with an Islamic twist that is sure to remind and soften the hearts of the believers." - Umm Juwayriyah; Educator & Author of Hind's Hands and The Size of a Mustard Seed"Tayyaba Syed has written a masterpiece for young Muslim children. With its lovable characters, powerful lesson and such beautiful, whimsical illustrations, The Blessed Bananas is sure to become an instant classic and family favorite." - Saima Ahmed; Early Childhood Teacher About the Author Tayyaba Syed is an award-winning author and freelance journalist. Her work has been featured in numerous publications like NPR, Chicago Parent, Islamic Horizons, Azizah Magazine, Chicago Crescent, and Halal Consumer Magazine. She co-authored four chapter books in the popular kids' series Jannah Jewels and works as the Research Specialist for Daybreak Press as well as a Curriculum Consultant for Whitestone Foundation's Author Development Program. She also designs unique plots for Noor Kids educational books as their Creative Developer. Tayyaba travels extensively to share her passion for reading and writing by conducting literary seminars for all ages. She was selected to present a biographical paper on Fatima al-Fihri at Georgetown University's Writing Women's Lives Conference in Qatar. While there, she was invited as a guest lecturer at Texas A&M to teach writing to university students. Additionally, she has led a writing intensive at Zaytuna College in Berkeley, California, and even presented to aspiring writers in Istanbul, Turkey. Tayyaba volunteers as a youth mentor and is pursuing her Islamic Studies certification through the Ribaat Academic Institute, while working on her next novel. She lives in Chicago with her husband and three children and enjoys baking sugar-free desserts in her free time. Learn more at www.tayyabasyed.com.Melani Putri is an illustrator based in Jakarta, Indonesia. After finishing her visual art education at Bandung Institute of Technology, she has been focusing on children's book illustration and has won the National Folktale Illustration award in 2016. Her illustration works include children's books, greeting cards, posters and stationery. Please visit her website at www.memels.com.
Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.5 inches
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.