This work traces the evolution of Qur'anic exegesis, from the time of the Prophet, the Companions, the Successors, the early mufassirun (exegetes) with independent tafseer works, to the present day. In doing so, it addresses some major issues including to what extent has tafseer been influenced by differing theological traditions (classical, mystical sufi, persian), political and sectarian interests, and how interpretation has differed in some cases, mainly pertaining to juridical, theological, historical, and linguistic issues. Certain scholars and Qur'anic commentaries have stood the test of time and stand in greater prominence to others. Their works are introduced, and different methodologies compared and critiqued. What we are left with is a broad yet important overview of a subject which otherwise can be too complex and extensive for the ordinary reader to grasp acting as a valuable addition to their understanding and study of the Qur'anic text.
Dr. Ali Suleiman Ali is the Imam of the Muslim Community of Western Suburbs (MCWS) and the Director of Muslim Family Services (ICNARELIEF USA). Born in Ghana, he graduated in 1979 with a degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the Islamic University in Madinah. He pursued further scholarship at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) where he received an MA and PhD in Islamic Studies. Dr. Ali's dissertation on Tafseer bil Ma'thur dealing with the question of Hujjah (binding proof) was a seminal study in an important field. He has taught Islamic Studies, Muslim World Studies, Arabic, and the Science of Qur'an at the University of Detroit-Mercy; Oakland University, Auburn Hills, MI; and Wayne County Community, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
To learn more about our Shipping Methods and estimated delivery dates Click here!
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the delay in some of our shipments, it may take longer than usual to fulfill some of the orders. However, be sure that we are always working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
* Most confirmed retail orders are processed within 1-2 business days. (Confirmed orders are those that are ready to ship and do not have any unresolved issues such as payment issues, incorrect shipping address or unavailable items.)
* Orders with expedited shipping services (FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx 2Day and USPS Express) are processed and shipped in the same day if we get them before 12 noon central time. (FedEx and USPS International services are NOT expedited services. Holidays and weekends are excluded)
* Noorart will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes .
* During the holidays, please be aware that the shipping might be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you happy holidays!
* Noorart has the right to upgrade the chosen shipping service to a better one whenever there is a necessity unless the customer put in the note box not to do any change on the chosen shipping service.
* 1 lb. = 16 oz
- Item must be purchased by the customer
- You will be notified within 3 days if you earned points.
- This program is for retail customers only. Wholesalers and schools are not eligible for this program.
If you have a customer account, you can collect points by:
- Creating an account (5 points)
- Subscribing to our newsletter (10 points)
- Reviewing a purchased item (20 points per valuable review)
- Following us on Instagram (10 points)
- Sharing on social media (5 points)
- Liking our Facebook page (5 points)
- Placing an order (1 point for every $1 spent)
- Referral Program: where you can get 100 points (100 point = $10) for every referral that results in a sale.
Click here for more information about our rewards program
Click here to check your points Balance
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.